End user License Agreement
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This copy of DSPortal ("the Software Product") and accompanying documentation is licensed and not sold. This Software Product is protected by copyright laws and treaties, as well as laws and treaties related to other forms of intellectual property. Ezra Estey or its subsidiaries, affiliates, and suppliers (collectively "Ezra Estey") own intellectual property rights in the Software Product. The Licensee's ("you" or "your") license to download, use, copy, or change the Software Product is subject to these rights and to all the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement ("Agreement").
YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" OPTION AND DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT OR BY INSTALLING, USING, OR COPYING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. YOU MUST AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST SELECT "DECLINE" AND YOU MUST NOT INSTALL, USE, OR COPY THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
This Agreement entitles you to install and use one copy of the Software Product. In addition, you may make one archival copy of the Software Product. The archival copy must be on a storage medium other than a hard drive, and may only be used for the reinstallation of the Software Product. This Agreement does not permit the installation or use of multiple copies of the Software Product, or the installation of the Software Product on more than one computer at any given time, on a system that allows shared used of applications, on a multi-user network, or on any configuration or system of computers that allows multiple users. Multiple copy use or installation is only allowed if you obtain an appropriate licensing agreement for each user and each copy of the Software Product. For further information regarding multiple copy licensing of the Software Product, please contact:
Representative: ezra estey
Address: 38 middle st. apt. 2
orono, Maine 04473
Phone Number: 8606902656
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Restrictions on Transfer
Without first obtaining the express written consent of Ezra Estey, you may not assign your rights and obligations under this Agreement, or redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer your rights to the Software Product.
Restrictions on Use
You may not use, copy, or install the Software Product on any system with more than one computer, or permit the use, copying, or installation of the Software Product by more than one user or on more than one computer. If you hold multiple, validly licensed copies, you may not use, copy, or install the Software Product on any system with more than the number of computers permitted by license, or permit the use, copying, or installation by more users, or on more computers than the number permitted by license.
You may not decompile, "reverse-engineer", disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software Product.
You may not use the database portion of the Software Product in connection with any software other than the Software Product.
Restrictions on Alteration
You may not modify the Software Product or create any derivative work of the Software Product or its accompanying documentation. Derivative works include but are not limited to translations. You may not alter any files or libraries in any portion of the Software Product. You may not reproduce the database portion or create any tables or reports relating to the database portion.
Restrictions on Copying
You may not copy any part of the Software Product except to the extent that licensed use inherently demands the creation of a temporary copy stored in computer memory and not permanently affixed on storage medium. You may make one archival copy which must be stored on a medium other than a computer hard drive.
Limited Software Product Warranty
For a period of 365 days from the date of shipment or from the date that you download the Software Product, as applicable, Ezra Estey warrants that when properly installed and used under normal conditions, the Software Product will perform substantially as advertised.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY AGREED TO IN WRITING BY EZRA ESTEY, EZRA ESTEY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT OR IN THE LIMITED WARRANTY DOCUMENTS PROVIDED WITH THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Ezra Estey makes no warranty that the Software Product will meet your requirements or operate
under your specific conditions of use. Ezra Estey makes no warranty that operation of the Software Product will be secure, error free, or free from interruption. YOU MUST DETERMINE WHETHER THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT SUFFICIENTLY MEETS YOUR
REQUIREMENTS FOR SECURITY AND UNINTERRUPTABILITY. YOU BEAR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS INCURRED DUE TO FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. EZRA ESTEY WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OF DATA ON ANY COMPUTER OR INFORMATION STORAGE DEVICE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL EZRA ESTEY, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS) RESULTING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, OR FROM THE
FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, INSTALLATION, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, WHETHER DUE TO A BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF EZRA ESTEY OR ANY OTHER PARTY, EVEN IF EZRA ESTEY IS ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION LIMITS EZRA ESTEY'S ABILITY TO DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THIS DISCLAIMER SHALL BE EFFECTIVE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED.
Limitation of Remedies and Damages
Your remedy for a breach of this Agreement or of any warranty included in this Agreement is the correction or replacement of the Software Product. Selection of whether to correct or replace shall be solely at the discretion of Ezra Estey. Ezra Estey reserves the right to substitute a functionally equivalent copy of the Software Product as a replacement. If Ezra Estey is unable to provide a replacement or substitute Software Product or corrections to the Software Product, your sole alternate remedy shall be a refund of the purchase price for the Software Product exclusive of any costs for shipping and handling.
Any claim must be made within the applicable warranty period. All warranties cover only defects arising under normal use and do not include malfunctions or failure resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with electrical power, acts of nature, unusual temperatures or humidity, improper installation, or damage determined by Ezra Estey to have been caused by you. All limited warranties on the Software Product are granted only to you and are non-transferable. You agree to indemnify and hold Ezra Estey harmless from all claims, judgments, liabilities, expenses, or costs arising from your breach of this Agreement and/or acts or omissions.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Costs
This Agreement is governed by the laws of Maine, without regard to Maine's conflict or choice of law provisions.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent any express or implied restrictions are not permitted by applicable laws, these express or implied restrictions shall remain in force and effect to the maximum extent permitted by such applicable laws.
It is highly recommended and suggested that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
Collection of Information
This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc., which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
Please rest assured that this site shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this site.
DSPortalmay have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, type of operating system, at a later time, that will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Use of Information Collected
DSPortalmay collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from Linnovations.site. DSPortal may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
DSPortaldoes not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
DSPortal may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that their users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
DSPortalmay disclose your personal information, without any prior notice to you, unless required to do in accordance to applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or required in an effort to:
Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon DSPortaland/or its website;
Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property ofDSPortal; and
Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of Linnovations.siteand/or the general public.
DSPortalgreatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in DSPortal products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children Under Age of 13
DSPortaldoes not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
Links to Other Web Sites
DSPortal shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users' trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information. In addition, DSPortal is a licensee of TRUSTe.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: 8606902656
38 Middle St Orono, Maine04473
January 1, 1970
This is an agreement, effective September 17, 2020, between DSPortal (the "Company") and each registered User of DSPortal (the "Tester"), in which Tester agrees to test a software program known as DSPortal.site (the "Software") and keep the Company aware of the test results.
1. Company's Obligations: The Company shall provide Tester with a copy of the Software and any necessary documentation and instruct Tester on how to use it and the desired test data to be gained and hereby grants Tester a nonexclusive, limited license to install the Software on its computer system for the sole purpose of testing the performance of the Software and advising Company of the results of such tests. Upon satisfactory completion of the testing, the Company shall furnish Tester with one free copy of the production version of the Software, contingent upon the Company's decision to proceed with production of the Software. Tester shall be entitled to the same benefits to which regular purchasers of the Software will be entitled.
2. Tester's Obligations: Tester shall test the Software under normally expected operating conditions in Tester's environment during the test period. Tester shall gather and report test data as mutually agreed upon with the Company. Tester shall allow the Company access to the Software during normal working hours for inspection, modifications and maintenance.
3. Software a Trade Secret: Tester acknowledges that the Software is proprietary to, and a valuable trade secret of, the Company and is entrusted to Tester only for the purpose set forth in this Agreement. Tester shall treat the Software in the strictest confidence. Tester agrees that it will not, without the Company's prior written consent:
(a) disclose any information about the Software, its design and performance specifications, its code, and the existence of the beta test and its results to anyone other than Tester's employees who are performing the testing;
(b) copy any portion of the Software or documentation, except to the extent necessary to perform the beta testing; or
(c) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software or any portion of it.
4. Security Precautions: Tester shall take reasonable security precautions to prevent the Software from being seen by unauthorized individuals. This includes locking all copies of the Software and associated documentation in a desk or file cabinet when not in use.
5. Term of Agreement: The test period shall last from September 17, 2020, until November 17, 2020. This Agreement shall terminate at the end of the test period or when the Company asks Tester to return the Software, whichever occurs first. The restrictions and obligations contained in Clauses 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9 shall survive the expiration, termination or cancellation of this Agreement, and shall continue to bind Tester, its successors, heirs and assigns.
6. Return of Software and Materials: Upon the conclusion of the testing period or at the Company's request, Tester shall promptly (within 10 days) return the original and all copies of the Software and all related materials to the Company and erase all portions thereof from computer memory.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty: Tester understands and acknowledges that the Software is a test product and its accuracy and reliability are not guaranteed. Owing to its experimental nature, Tester is advised not to rely exclusively on the Software for any reason. Tester waives any and all claims it may have against the Company arising out of the performance or nonperformance of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS, AND THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO IT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
8. Limitation of Liability: The Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to Tester or any third parties caused by the Software or by the Company's performance of this Agreement.
THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT OR TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR ANY PERFORMANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
9. No Rights Granted: Tester understands and acknowledges that the Software is provided for its own use for testing purposes only. This Agreement does not constitute a grant or an intention or commitment to grant any right, title or interest in the Software or the Company's trade secrets to Tester. Tester may not sell or transfer any portion of the Software to any third party or use the Software in any manner to produce, market or support its own products. Tester shall clearly identify the Software as the Company's property.
10. No Assignments: This Agreement is personal to Tester. Tester shall not assign or otherwise transfer any rights or obligations under this Agreement.
11. Entire Agreement: This Agreement contains the entire understanding and agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. Any representation, promise or condition not explicitly set forth in this Agreement shall not be binding on either party. All additions or modifications to this Agreement must be made in writing and must be signed by both parties to be effective.
12. Applicable Law: This Agreement is made under, and shall be construed according to, the laws of the State of Maine.